The Racial Equity Mindset
Racial inequities did not occur by accident. Instead they were deliberately created and sustained over time, and their compounding and reinforcing effects evolved into a systemic process of allocating resources to one racial group, over other racial groups. Unfortunately, these inequities will not close or disappear naturally. Research driven tools and targeted strategies must be applied to circumvent, modify and change structural barriers that manifest in the policies, practices, programs, and habits of thinking inside institutions that often unconsciously perpetuate racial inequity.
Course objectives and outcomes:
- Understand the elements of structural racialization
- Analyze most frequent forms of workplace bias and micro-aggressions
- Apply a systems thinking process for implementation and evaluation of policies, practices and procedures that impact Racial Equity and inclusion.
- Evaluate impacts of bias on decision-making, teams and productivity
- Strategies for normalizing Racial Equity, diversity and inclusion
- Differentiate bias, prejudice, stereotypes, racism and discrimination
- Understand the origins of human biases
- Identify sustainability strategies for diversity, equity and inclusion
- Awareness of biases during interviewing and performance appraisals
- Neutralizing everyday biases in policies, practices and procedures
Call us at 888.369.1339 or email us: email@example.com